Clearing clutter in your mind as well as in your environment helps you feel and function better. Cleaning up inside and out will reduce the chaos in your head, energize you, relax you, and reduce anxiety and stress. Those living with these mental disorders can also benefit from decluttering and organising.
Try these approaches to make it easier:
- Start small, working in one room or one part of the room.
- Plan what you want and the steps you need to take.
- Use color-coded totes to group similar items.
- Play music for enjoyment.
- Take breaks. Set a reminder timer if needed.
- Ask for help or companionship.
- Reward yourself when you complete a task.
Decluttering your environment declutters your mind and positively impacts how you think, feel, and live. It can be a satisfying way to improve your mental health.